School Vision for P.E.
To ensure we promote and support the importance of a healthy lifestyle and place particular emphasis on the wellbeing of our students and how sport and activity impacts positively on all aspects of school life.
The targeted and strategic use of the Primary School Sport Funding will support us in achieving our vision.
The purpose of this funding is to ensure improvement in the quality of sport and PE provision for all children. (Department for Education, March 2013)
We will ensure that sport and PE provision addresses the needs of all of pupils, including those who belong to disadvantaged, vulnerable and gifted groups.
Primary School Sports funding will be allocated to address any identified areas of need; this funding may be used across particular classes, key stages or whole school at any time.
The range of provision the Governors may consider making could include:
- Group work with an experienced sports teacher, focussed on overcoming gaps in learning
- Increased pupil participation in sports
- Additional teaching and learning opportunities provided through:
- Professional development courses
- Working in partnership with a specialist PE teacher
- Cover release for professional development
- Quality assured CPD modules/materials
- Specialist Sports teaching
- Qualified Sports coaching
- Sports competitions
- After School sports clubs